Monday, November 10, 2014

Live your life the way YOU want.

If you go around the world asking people for their idea, their definition of living, you are bound to get a variety of answers.  To some people, living means working hard, giving back to the community you grew up in, becoming a pillar in that community.  To others, that's a life of suffocating and instead living to them means exploring the world, trying new things, living on the edge.  I belong in the latter, however I know many people who are quite content to stay at home and do their routine.  No one can tell you how to live your life. No one can tell you the direction to take. Only you can make that choice.  People may not understand your life choices and try to sway you away because it is outside their comfort zone.  Don't let people determine how you live.  Ask yourself, when I die, what do I want my eulogy to say? Do I want them to say I was an upstanding citizen of the community, that I was a pillar during tough times?  Do I want them to say I was a high-power worker in a major corporation and never settled for second best? Do I want them to say I traveled the world, experienced many things, stepped outside my comfort zone, met many people that shaped my life, that I lived a little bit on the edge?  Once you have answered that question, you will be well on your way to living your life the way you want to, not the way others want you to live.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment